Sunday, August 28, 2011

Come on, Irene

You've all heard it.. everyone and their mother was singing an altered version of that lovely little ditty all last week.

Now.. how many of you knew that was Dexys Midnight Runners BEFORE then? I did!

An older couple at Howl at the Moon (piano bar in SA) caught me singing along one night and asked if I knew who the original group was. Um, duh. My parents (yes, I was out at a bar with my parents) laughed.. poor couple didn't know that my siblings and I love 80's music.

Anyway, I feel like my weekend was been pretty much me, myself and Irene. Seriously.

I hit my first group live this past weekend - which means I counted our anchor down so he could toss to the national reporter - exciting! It's kind of nerve-racking to be honest, but I'm glad I got the experience. Hopefully next time, it will feel like a walk in the park.

Now this week.. pretty much chaos on my part.

After two days off, I got to hit the ground running at work. We're practicing the new show (which I will be producing 3x a week) and kicking off our college football coverage Friday from the big tailgate party in town.. where I will be field producing. Oh, and I work the morning shift two days next week. I'm pretty sure my sleep schedule is all kinds of off kilter and my body hates me.

What else is new?

I keep reminding myself that my trip to DFW is less than two months away.. I'll finally be back in one of my favorite places in the world with my friends. I miss Texas.. and I know it's only going to get worse when winter rears its ugly head. The sledding will be fun and that's about it.

Thank goodness for football season.

Which reminds me.. the biggest news of the day? Jess came through yet again.. she has trouble with gas stoves and dishwashers, but she knows how to score tickets for pretty much any event imaginable. And if you thought our last excursion was insanity.. just wait. We're doing Chicago-South Bend-Ann Arbor-Detroit in under 48 hours. Yes, folks.. that is three states - and all the fun kicks off in just over a week.

I. Can't. Wait.

1 comment: