Thursday, September 1, 2011

Leave all your love and your lovin' behind, you can't carry it with you if you want to survive


Remember what life was like when you were in your early 20s? I'm not sure how old each of you reading actually are, so please don't take that question in a condescending or rude tone. I'm being completely serious.

Do you remember how you felt about life? Was it full of endless possibilities? Did you always feel confident? Or was there still a twinge of the awkwardness and self-doubt leftover from your teenage years? Because I've got to be honest. I still don't feel like I've got this "growing up" thing down.

Apparently these are supposed to be the best years of my life.

Which I find particularly funny, seeing as I feel like nothing in my life is concrete or settled. Maybe I'm supposed to take solace in the fact that I'm free to do as I like with pretty much nothing holding me back. I never know what tomorrow will bring.. if I'm making the right decisions.. or if I'm really living up to my full potential.

Everyone else seems to have this amazing confidence in me.. and I'm really just not sure where that came from. I'm still trying to find my place in this world.. as cheesy as that sounds. My friend Nicole says I always seem to land on my feet - and yet again, I have no idea how.

Sometimes I'm so type-A that it makes even me crazy. To be honest, I think I'm so concerned with making everyone else happy that I forget about myself.

So.. please help me out. I'm looking for solid advice on getting through your 20s.. because I'm seriously having a love/hate relationship with this whole growing up thing.. and I'm really not sure if I'm doing this right.

No comments:

Post a Comment