Monday, March 26, 2012

Starting over. Again.

I seem to have serious issues. With blogging. And then some. I can't seem to stay on the wagon. 

I'm giving this another go, only because a select few people have asked me to do so. I'll be honest, I'm slightly afraid of disappointing them - only because I'm not sure I'll have anything to say that's truly worth reading.

A lot has changed in my life since my last blog in September 2011. I've moved into a new apartment, become a full-time news producer (no more associate producing!) and taken on "a tad" more responsibility at work. I'm also a few weeks' shy of my 1-year producing anniversary and just over two months' shy of my 24th birthday.

I've found myself thinking about the latter quite a bit lately. Not that 24 is anything spectacular or earth-shattering, but I just can't exactly wrap my mind around all the things that have changed in the last few years. 

As of the last two weeks, not one, but two of my college friends are now engaged... while I've yet to find anything that resembles a relationship. It almost makes me feel like I'm behind the curve, but I know that's not true. It's just weird to think that we're actually adults. When did that happen?

I'm pretty sure it was just yesterday that I was filling out college applications and that my biggest problems were studying for a pre-calculus test and making sure I could drive stick. Now, it all seems ridiculous.

So instead of picking out prom dresses, we seem to have moved on to wedding dresses. And I'm really not sure what make of it.

Life. Adulthood. Craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment