Sunday, July 31, 2011

Random Musings.. Part 1 of a Billion

10:20pm on a Thursday night.. I'm just minutes from walking out the door to wrap up my evening shift at the station.

"Emily, wanna go shoot something?"

So there I was.. sitting in a station car with camera gear and Google Maps directions, trying to plan the best way to get to this South Bend intersection in as little time as possible without getting into a wreck or getting pulled over.

I should note here that I've not picked up a full-fledged TV camera since 2008. I started producing in January '09.. and the rest is black and white (newspaper) history.

I somehow survived.. and while my amazing (by amazing, I mean 'how the hell did I do that' camera work) video didn't make the 11p show.. it was a VO in the 6am show!!!

--------------------------

Completely shifting gears.. I have been a Michigan fan since 2007 - the same year I got a chance to perform on the UofM campus in Ann Arbor with the TCU Concert Chorale and band.
I have this thing about buying shirts from every college campus I've visited, so I own a nice Michigan tee. But I've yet to get my hands on a Notre Dame shirt.. mainly because I have a couple of friends who wouldn't take kindly to it. I've bought a Kansas shirt here in South Bend.. but no Irish gear.

I just happened to throw on my Michigan shirt today - only to get yelled at the gas station to go back to Michigan. Funny. I have Texas license plates. Epic fail, dumbass-driver-who-probably-never-went-to-college-anyway!

Well.. I decided to show my Michigan pride at a local bar/restaurant tonight.. Enjoy.



--------------------------

Anyone notice that the next Atlantic hurricane is set to be named Emily? Maybe she'll get the (raining) job done.. since Don obviously couldn't do it himself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment